Friday, January 04, 2008

getting to the end

Thanks for all your support on the mother in law issues. Things have settled down a bit, but mainly because I have not spoken to her since the dinner. I've just let my husband handle all conversations with her and it's been much better for me. We didn't even go over for Christmas which she was not happy about but my husband was firm on. We both were actually really exited to have a holiday for just the two of us - it's the last time we can really do that! I suppose I'll see my mother in law when we are in the hospital, but I'll just cross that bridge when we come to it. I figure I'll be so elated with my baby I won't really care much about dealing with her.

I'm now 36 weeks pregnant - will be 37 weeks (which is full term) on Monday. I had my first internal during my doctors visit today and the baby is head is down and my cervix is softening, but no dilation yet. My placenta has now also moved far enough away to cancel my c-section and go for a vaginal birth which was wonderful news!

As I'm coming to the end of my pregnancy it is amazing how many emotions I feel about the whole thing. I'm excited and nervous. I'm tired of being pregnant, but know I'll somehow still miss it when it's all over. Most of all, I can't wait to meet my little girl and start this new adventure with my husband. I love him so much and can't wait to see him hold her.

Now we just wait - hopefully it happens soon!

5 comments:

Monica H said...

Only 23 days to go! I am so excited for you :)

I'm glad you and your husband were able to have a quiet one-on-one Christmas.

I hope you post again before you give birth. I can't wait to meet your little girl.

JW said...

Its amazing to think we only have so little to go now! I'm 37 weeks on Tuesday and haven't had the dreaded internal yet... Getting nervous for the birth but excited too! Great to hear about the non-c-section! Not long now! x

Kathy V said...

I hope things get much better for you in dealing with mil. It is hard to play fake friendship when she will want to come to the hospital or your house to see the little girl. Hope she gets over her stubborn self for your daughter's sake if not for yours. Glad to hear about the c-section cancellation. Great things will be happening to you soon. Hugs.

Rachel said...

When I was 37 weeks, I was told my little guy wouldn't arrive
"this week". I fully excepted he would come late, instead he surprised us all and came when I was 37 weeks, 5 days.

You will miss being pregnant a little, but you will be too busy with your daughter at first to even thing about it. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

That's the best. Happy, happy upcoming birth day!!

Chantelle