Monday, January 28, 2008

D day

Well, today is my due date and I'm still here waiting. I had a doctors appointment this afternoon and I'm still only fingertip dilated. Unless something miraculous happens in the next couple of days, I'll be going in Wednesday evening for my induction.

I worked today but decided that today will be my last day of work. I was going to work tomorrow as well but I just think I need to stop and give myself some time to rest and get ready for the work of labor.

The whole thing is really surreal at this point. People keep asking me if I'm excited, and I am, but no more than I was before. I don't think it's sunk in yet that I'm going to have my baby before the week ends.

Now, I just need to figure out how to keep myself occupied the next couple of days......

2 comments:

Monica H said...

Much love, peace and relaxation to you Momma! What a wonderful week it will be. I wish you an uneventful, safe birth. I can't wait to meet your little one.

Take care of yourself!

JW said...

Good Luck, my d-day was today and still nothing, not even a fingertip dilated. Induction on Sunday! Have a lovely birth and enjoy your new little girl, will check in soon!!! x