Saturday, January 12, 2008

still waiting

Well, My doctor's appointment yesterday showed that the baby is still high, not engaged at all and my cervix is tightly closed. I actually started crying when I got in the car I was so disappointed. (Hello pregnancy hormones?)

I had no idea the end of pregnancy could be this hard. I suffer from fibromyalgia, and for the past few weeks I've had a very bad flare up. This morning I woke up and could barely move one of my hands. I also have a hemorrhoid that is unbelievable painful. (Come on, you always knew you wanted to know these things about me!).

It's hard because I feel so conflicted. I went through a lot (though not nearly as much as some) to get here - to the end of a pregnancy that has thus far been successful. I feel that I should be greatful and overjoyed, but when you can barely move and are in constant pain with no end in sight it while having to work full time, it becomes very hard to remain positive.

I'm sure I'll get through all of this - but it's not easy!

2 comments:

Monica H said...

Have your doctors mentioned anything about inducing labor or doing a c-section to hurry things up? I'm sorry you're in such pain, but it's almost over.

Hang in there.

Kathy V said...

I am glad to hear that things are going well on the baby front but sad to hear that you hurt. I am glad to see you posted. You are almost done with the pregnancy so just hang in there.