Wednesday, August 01, 2007

a year ago

It was a year ago that I had my d&c for my last miscarriage. It's been on my mind the past week, but not as much as I thought it would be. I think the excitement of this pregnancy is helping me not focus on the past. Still, I feel some guilt for not being more sad about it. I suppose I've done my grieving and have let much of it go. I haven't brought any of this up to my husband. I don't know if he realized it was a year ago and I don't want to make him sad.

There was some family drama this week as well. A family member who has a child and is currently on welfare called to tell me she is pregnant again. She doesn't know what to do and is leaning towards abortion. She kept trying to get me to tell her what to do, but that isn't my place. I told her to go to planned parenthood and talk to a counselor there. Hopefully they can help her. I don't know that I'm the best person to ask for advice on this subject. Being that I am pregnant, my point of view on everything is different. No one else in the family knows and I was the only person she felt she could reach out to. I feel bad for her, but angry that she wasn't more responsible.

I still need to get my sono pic scanned. I totally slacked this weekend! I'll get to it soon though, I promise!

I've been feeling pretty well. I still get nauseous on and off and today it is worse than it has been in a couple of weeks. I'm having lots of "growing pains" in my uterus this week as well. It's not really painful, but more uncomfortable. I'm still having trouble gaining weight, but have gained back what I lost at least. Doc is not going to be happy at my next appointment. Hopefully I'll put on a few pounds over the next week!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

This is a little late, but I think that was gutsy of your family member to tell you that she is thinking of aborting the baby after you lost 2 babies.

I don't agree with abortion, but I agree with the statement that I can't tell others what to do. I also can't judge a woman for making that decision because she may feel there is no other option. Has she considered placing the baby for adoption? If she does, her medical expences would be taken care of and someone who is unable to get pregnant could benefit.

Alice said...

rachel,
I agree...I wish she would have considered adoption, but she said she couldn't do it. I never thought of her telling me as gutsy, but I suppose it really was. Like I said, I'm just glad she has made a choice that works for her.