Thursday, July 26, 2007

I'm back

Sorry it's taken so long to update! Vacation was nice and relaxing, but my first week back at work was mad, so I couldn't get to the blog until now. We went to the beach and had a great time, but it is nice to be home.

We had the NT screen on Monday and everything looked great. I still need to scan the sono picture and get it up here. Hopefully I can do that this weekend. It was great to see the kid and it was the first time it really looked like a baby. We could see fingers, arms legs...and the best part was the few times it moved around. Apparently we have a lazy baby as I would have to cough or move to get the baby to wake up, but it would always fall back asleep. Takes after his or her father.

Now that our families know that I'm pregnant, we are getting inundated with questions. Everyone is asking me about weather they will be allowed to come to the hospital. I don't want any family to come until after the baby is born. The first hour or so after birth I just want it to be my husband and I, so we plan on calling the family to come after the baby is born. The families are not happy about this and continue to try and convince me that they should be there. I'm standing my ground though and hoping it doesn't cause too many problems.

How did/are you all handling the family issues that come up during pregnancy?

4 comments:

Sambalina said...

Awww, I can't wait to see the u/s picture. I'm sorry your family is being a PITA. Luckily, my family is pretty respectable. Although I don't mind them being there during labor, they will have to leave during the birth, and give us a couple of hours to bond with the new baby!! Good Luck!

JW said...

So glad the NT scan went well!

We moved to Aus and my parents are coming 10 days BEFORE I'm due. At first I was worried because like you I wanted the time to just be the 3 of us but I'm grateful for them coming now that I've got my head around it. They'll be able to help out alot and I know it'll mean alot for them to see their first grandchild as soon as possible. Luckily I'll be in hospital for 5 days though and visiting hours are only twice a day :-)

Kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim said...

I'm late because I just found your blog, but I wanted to share our experience. We told everyone that if they chose to come to the hospital, they would have to wait until I gave birth, showered, fed her, bonded, etc. to visit. They swore that they were okay with that. I ended up with an emergency c-section and guess who saw my baby before I ever did and even took video that they didn't tell me about until 6 months later? EVERYONE.

So, with that being said - if you really don't want people there, then stand your ground and don't bend.