Tuesday, August 14, 2007

oh, and one more thing

I totally forgot to mention the best news of all. My old co-worker who miscarried right after me gave birth to her son last week. Almost exactly a year after she miscarried. I don't think I could be happier for another human being. They are both doing well and she had a great birth experience which gives me lots of hope for mine.

It's really a full circle moment. I went from being pregnant with her, to jealous she still was; from grieving with her, to jealous she was pregnant again; from being in the sisterhood of pregnancy and now, finally, overjoyed that she has her baby and is a mom. What a wild ride and a huge lesson.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Congratulations on making the turn around! I bet it feels good to be on good terms with your friend again.

I am also glad your family member decided to keep the baby.

Rachel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Monica H said...

Hi Alice,
I am a new reader to your blog and am very happy for you and your DH. Before I read this post, I was thinking that you have really grown a lot within the past year. Looking back at your early entries you were very upset and jealous of people becoming pregnant(which I totally understand)around you. Now, you are happy that they are pregnant. I think that is great and I will pray for you and your little girl growing inside you.

Best wishes!
Monica- STILL HOPEFUL