Monday, August 27, 2007

Alien

So, I've been feeling the baby on and off lately. It's really true what they say about it starting like butterflies. It's super light and fluttery. A couple of times I've actually felt a full on poking feeling.

I'm not going to lie, the poking thing creeped me out.

When I've told other women that have children that, they look at me like I am the worst mother in the world. Well fucking excuse me! It is kind of creepy when you feel something kick you from the inside for the first time. It's like the movie Alien or something.

The movements are still really sporadic, but I'm getting more used to them and (dare I say it) hopeful I'll feel it even more soon. You see, if I don't feel it much for a couple of days I start to worry. Thank God for home dopplers.

I'm not showing very much yet either which is really strange. I'm 18 weeks as of today and thought I would be bigger by now. I'm ready for the full on pregnancy belly. I want the world to know now.

I've been also thinking about the title of this blog lately. Does it still work? I would like to keep the blog going even after I have the baby, but I don't feel so bluesy about all this anymore. To keep the title or not? What do you think?

2 comments:

JW said...

Hi Alice! So happy you're feeling the baby move. Mines kinda like a popping feeling, like little thuds. And I also don't feel it every day which freaks me out a bit coz I don't have a doppler, but have come up with a few tricks to make bub move, like lying on my tummy for a minute, or playing some music to my tum tum (a baby toys thing). I'm also not showing too much yet. Apparently my friends say they can see I'm preggo, but I also thought by 18 weeks I'd be huge! I mean, we're almost halfway now. So glad you're doing well though! x

Rachel said...

I don't have a doppler, I was worried in the beginning that if I had trouble finding the heartbeat, it would be too difficult to bear. Now that I am 25 weeks, the baby moves enough that some of my worries have faded. He may go a couple hours without me feeling anything and I start to get nervous, but when I poke my belly, he usually moves and reassures me.

Just wait until your baby gets the hiccups, it is the strangest feeling.