Monday, August 28, 2006

more bad news

I just got the call from my doc that my recent loss was a partial molar. The doc called me this morning with the news.

I also got my records mailed to me last week. The loss was a triploidy partial molar. What they think happened is that 2 sperm fertilized the egg and instead of splitting into twins, it all rolled in to one pregancy so the baby had an extra set of chromasomes.

It was a girl.

I have to go in tomorrow morning to get my hcg beta checked. This will happen every week until it reaches 0 and then I'll go once a month. The issue with molar pregnancies is that the cells can come back and grow as cancer. Luckily with a partial molar the chances of cancer with those is pretty rare. In any case he is putting me back on birth control pills. We should wait a year to get pregnant again, but he did say that some people only wait 6 months (not that he reccomended it, just that they do....wink wink).

I am so devastated. All I wanted was to have a baby. Why is that so much to ask for?

No comments: