Tuesday, July 03, 2007

change of plans

Well, it looks like we won't be sharing our big news this week after all. Before you freak out, I AM still pregnant. The reason we are holding off is because my mother is in the hospital. She suffers from mental illness and was feeling suicidal, so she was checked in at the end of last week. Being that she is in there, it just doesn't seem appropriate that we share our news yet. We'll wait until she comes home and do it then.

Other than that things are going well. I'm still pregnant as far as I know and anxiously awaiting my next doctor appointment. It's next Thursday and we should be able to hear the heartbeat on the doppler by then. That will be a huge relief for me and I'm looking forward to nearing the end of the first trimester. I think in another couple of weeks I'll really start being able to enjoy this whole pregnancy thing.

My old co-worker who miscarried right after me had her baby shower this past weekend. It was great to see her and I'm so excited for her success on this journey. It also helps give me hope that things can work out after a loss.

1 comment:

JW said...

Hi Alice! So nice to be back and see that your little bean is doing so well. Sorry to hear about your mom, I hope she feels better soon. I'm sure the news will be very welcoming. x