Wednesday, June 06, 2007

oh the rollarcoaster

So, I woke up this morning and went to the bathroom. As usual, I checked the tp for any spotting. Well, there it was...red as red can be. I called my husband and he ran in the bathroom...I was in total disbelief. I called the on call OB and he said to call the office when the lines opened an hour and a half later to get an ultrasound scheduled. It was the longest morning of my life.

We got in for the ultrasound and were able to see a gestational sac and yolk sac. No heartbeat. The tech said it wasn't a big deal because I have long cycles and ovulate a bit on the late side. Still, I was hoping to have the sigh of relief of a nice strong heart beat. At any rate, we have another ultrasound scheduled for one week from today.

I had a 3rd beta yesterday and the results of that came back this morning. They look good! According to my OB's office, they think things look fine for now. I'm measuring on time and they aren't concerned there is no heartbeat yet.

Still, I'm a very scared and worried about next week's u/s. It feels like a lifetime away. Luckily, the spotting has stopped for now.

I'm also getting braces tomorrow. I debated all morning on weather or not I should go through with it given the circumstances, but in the end it will be a good distraction. Not getting them now is just putting off the inevitable.

So, if you pray, I ask that you say a prayer for this little one to be well. I guess we'll know for sure how things look (as much as we can) in a week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there. Do lots of deep breathing. I would be panicing too but the panic doesn't help anything(easier said than done). Know that I am thinking of you and your little one. Many prayers being sent your way.

- Chantelle

Angie said...

Hi Alice,

I am praying for you. I'm so behind on my blogging and I finally got caught up with yours. Thanks for stopping by mine. Please try to relax - I know it's hard. I will be checking in.