Tuesday, June 19, 2007

New doctor

Well, I found a new OB that I really like. My old practice was just too big, and I never really felt like an individual patient there. Every conversation I had with someone made me feel rushed....like they had better things to do than deal with me. So, I decided to meet with some other OB's. This new one is great! It's a small practice, so it's just her and her midwife and one other doc that just does GYN patients. They are looking to hire another OB as well. She spent 20 min just talking to me and getting to know me. I asked if I could get a sono before we tell the families and she has me scheduled for one the week before. She is awesome! It's like a weight is lifted off of me!

One thing she offered that the other practice didn't was NT screening for chromosomal abnormalities. My husband and I are opting to do this (so long as insurance will cover it). We would not terminate if there was something wrong, but if there is, we'd like to have time to prepare for the challenges it could present. I have to go in for that between 11-13 weeks, so that will be yet another sono as well!

We have decided to tell our families on July 4th. I think my parents will come over for DH's parents big party so it seems that would be a good time to tell them. I'll be 10 weeks. I'm pretty nervous to let the cat out of the bag, and it's a bit earlier than we had planned, but if all goes well on the next sonogram there's no reason not to tell.

I saw my therapist last night and kept refering to the pregnancy as "everything seems okay". She corrected me and said, "no, right now, everything is okay". So, I'll sign off saying Everything is okay.

2 comments:

Christy said...

I'm glad you have found a new doctor that you like. I like my OB so much that I can't wait until I am pregnant again so that I can see him more regularly. And you are right, beagles do seem to own us. She runs the show. Sleeps with us on the bed every night. Every night. Right between us. And no, that isn't the cause of our unexplained infertility!

Rachel said...

I am glad you found a doctor that you like. It will make a big difference.

I also appreciate that you are scared, but that everything is OK right now. I have totally been there. I am now 15 weeks and almost completely over the worry of a miscarriage. I know it can still happen, but I have relaxed.